WHAT DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Sites or Services (webforms). This includes:
- Certain areas and features of our Sites and Services may require registration, including (but not limited to) email address, first and last name, email address, home phone, street address, city, state, and zip code as well as your child’s first name and date of birth, allergy and medical information, as well as information regarding authorized pickups (limited to first and last name, email, address and phone) and other information which may be relevant to maintain consistent and effective communication with you.
- We also use personal data in combination with Facebook’s custom audience feature to create an audience using user’s data which is connected through their “Page Likes” system. When using Facebook’s custom audience feature. For more information on this feature, go to www.facebook.com.
- If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from The Suzuki School (except in connection with information regarding your child), you will have the ability to unsubscribe (“Do Not Contact”) by means of a link provided in every email (“Blast”) that is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication we ask that you contact the sender directly.
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and other technologies: your browser type and operating system; web pages viewed through our communications; links clicked through our communications; IP address; the length of time you visit our Sites and/or use our Services; page views; and the referring URL which led you to our Site. This information is handled through Google Analytics, and you can learn more about this automatic process here: http://analytics.google.com
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services (“Tours” or “Parent Interviews”), to communicate with you, to respond to inquiries, and for other service related purposes.
- For marketing purposes, such as using your email address for news, announcements, and newsletters, or to contact you about Services or information we believe you might be interested in.
- To understand user behavior and access on an aggregated and individualized basis in order to improve our Site and Services and for other research and analytical purposes
We take the sharing of information very seriously. As such we reserve the right to share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, potential fraud, situations involving possible threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which The Suzuki School is involved.
- Third Parties. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to do so in advance.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING ON OUR WEBSITE
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Sites, but some features (such as saving a password) may not function.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. Please refer to the sites below for more information:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page
- Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page
Our Site contains links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We have implemented reasonable precautions, including password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that no data security measures guarantee 100% security.
Our Sites is not designed or intended for use by children under 13 and we do not collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. This policy may change periodically, so please be sure to check it occasionally. Any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with personal information will include our notifying you in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.