- Aug 1, 2017 A Montessori Manor: How Incorporate a “Montessori-Mindset” at Home Aug 1, 2017
- June 2017
- May 20, 2017 Montessori In The Home: Pre-Primary Edition May 20, 2017
- May 1, 2017 On the Montessori Journey: When One Teaches, Two Learn (Part III) May 1, 2017
- Apr 24, 2017 On the Montessori Journey: When One Teaches, Two Learn (Part II) Apr 24, 2017
- Apr 20, 2017 Montessori in the Home: Toddler Edition Apr 20, 2017
- Apr 17, 2017 On the Montessori Journey: When One Teaches, Two Learn (Part I) Apr 17, 2017
- Mar 20, 2017 What Makes up a Montessori Parent? Mar 20, 2017
- Feb 20, 2017 Montessori: Education for Peace Feb 20, 2017
- Jan 19, 2017 Freedom Within Limits: The Structure of a Montessori Learning Environment Jan 19, 2017
Because the physical environment plays such a critical role in childhood learning, The Suzuki School facilities have been conceived and created – from architectural design through construction – to be one of the key components in the educational process.
From the initial design to completion, architects, builders and professional educators collaborated to successfully blend innovative elements of the educational and instructional processes with the latest construction techniques and products to build educational space that aids in stimulating children to learn and develop to their full potential.
An array of colors, shapes, lighting, forms, textures, designs and plant and animal life were created and selected to provide a nurturing setting that stimulates a child’s imagination, sense of responsibility to others and inspire confidence in him.
Architects and builders also delicately blended structural elements with the latest educational techniques to create a platform for one of Suzuki’s proven instructional methods – collaborative team teaching.
The Buckhead Campus is a two-story school located in the heart of Buckhead near the Buckhead Village Area. There are seven classrooms, and each classroom is designed to support collaboration and provide movement for the children throughout the day. A unique feature of the Buckhead campus is the two-story playground which provides a wonderful play area for the children on rainy days.
The Northside Campus is located in a separate annex of the Ahavath Achim Synagogue at the corner of Peachtree Battle and Northside Drive. Like the Buckhead Campus, there are seven classrooms, each designed in the same manner. The woodsy playground setting is tucked away among trees and a large stone wall. This campus also has use of a large indoor play space for rainy days and for other movement activities.
Ponce City Market Campus
The Ponce Campus is located in the upcoming Ponce City Market center, which is the redevelopment of the old Sears building in Midtown known previously as City Hall East. Like both the Buckhead and Northside campuses, the Ponce City Market campus has classrooms designed to support collaboration and provide movement for the children throughout the day.
Montessori Teacher Education Insitute
The Montessori Teacher Education Institute was launched in 2013 to provide Montessori teacher training to both the community and The Suzuki School teachers who would like to become Montessori teachers of young children. The Institute, governed by a board has a goal to be a respected and valued regional resource for Montessori schools.