- Apr 24, 2017 On the Montessori Journey: When One Teaches, Two Learn (Part II) Apr 24, 2017
- Apr 20, 2017 Montessori in the Home: Toddler Edition Apr 20, 2017
- Apr 17, 2017 On the Montessori Journey: When One Teaches, Two Learn (Part I) Apr 17, 2017
- Mar 20, 2017 What Makes up a Montessori Parent? Mar 20, 2017
- Feb 20, 2017 Montessori: Education for Peace Feb 20, 2017
- Jan 19, 2017 Freedom Within Limits: The Structure of a Montessori Learning Environment Jan 19, 2017
Infant/Toddler Program- Level I & II
The Suzuki School Infant-Toddler Program puts children on the right path for developing a life-long love of learning. Our infants thrive in a stimulating environment with trained Infant/Toddler Montessori teachers utilizing Montessori materials and a time tested Montessori curriculum. Beginning as young as 3 months of age, our infant and young toddler students in Levels 1 and 2 are introduced to Montessori lessons that peak their curiosity and develop their senses to start them on their learning journey.
Our Infant-Toddler Program curriculum includes: becoming independent, developing language skills, encouraging movement, and developing the five senses. A few examples of Montessori lessons that the teachers will work with an infant on are: holding their own bottle, transferring objects from one container to another and reaching for objects on a busy bar. In addition, our music teachers and the physical movement faculty start exposing these young children to the magic of music and movement.
The Level 2 Teaching Staff works closely with the young toddlers on developing independence in self care – in particular in eating, changing, and even potty training!