- Aug 1, 2017 A Montessori Manor: How Incorporate a “Montessori-Mindset” at Home Aug 1, 2017
- June 2017
- May 20, 2017 Montessori In The Home: Pre-Primary Edition May 20, 2017
- May 1, 2017 On the Montessori Journey: When One Teaches, Two Learn (Part III) May 1, 2017
- Apr 24, 2017 On the Montessori Journey: When One Teaches, Two Learn (Part II) Apr 24, 2017
- Apr 20, 2017 Montessori in the Home: Toddler Edition Apr 20, 2017
- Apr 17, 2017 On the Montessori Journey: When One Teaches, Two Learn (Part I) Apr 17, 2017
- Mar 20, 2017 What Makes up a Montessori Parent? Mar 20, 2017
- Feb 20, 2017 Montessori: Education for Peace Feb 20, 2017
- Jan 19, 2017 Freedom Within Limits: The Structure of a Montessori Learning Environment Jan 19, 2017
We strongly suggest that you attend a tour before submitting an application; however, if you wish to submit an application now, you may do so. As such, here is the preferred process for applying to the Suzuki School.
- Attend Group or Individual Tour
- Click your campus below to fill out an application online (a $95 application fee will be assessed):
- Email Admissions regarding updates on status and interest, in particular if you were not specific as to the desired start date
- Receive notification of acceptance from The Suzuki School for a specified start date
- If you choose to enroll: submit perpetual security deposit to confirm enrollment along with signed Tuition Agreement
- Complete online Authorization Packet at least one week before the start of the child’s first day of attendance
- Attend the mandatory New Parent Orientation
- Attend Teacher Meet & Greet during certain times of the year
Applications may be completed online for Buckhead, Northside, or Ponce City Market. Once you have submitted an application, we ask that you send an email on a periodic basis to the Admissions Department of your chosen campus notifying them of your continued interest. We recognize that many parents have a change of plans or choose other options and it is important that we receive updates so that those families who have consistently informed us of their desire to remain on the wait pool are offered a space as soon as it becomes available!
Acceptance Criteria and Typical Timing:
Families in our waiting pool are accepted to Suzuki based on a match of the following: requested and available start dates, campus, birth dates, sibling status, expression of continued interest, application date, and a determination by the school of how the family will fit with the school philosophy. Older children may be required to come in for an observation as a condition of acceptance before starting. Please note that the part-time program is only offered for Level I, Level II, and Pre-Primary.
Notification of Acceptance for Summer Session
Families submitting an application for the Summer Session, which begins the Thursday after Memorial Day and runs through the months of June and July, are notified by email in late January as to their acceptance.
Please note: Children enrolled for the Summer Session will be required to pay full tuition from the first day of the program regardless of actual start date.
Notification of Acceptance for School Year
Families submitting an application for the upcoming school year will be notified by email in the Spring as to their acceptance. Please understand that we can only finalize availability for the school year once currently enrolled students are notified of acceptance to private schools for the upcoming school year.
Please note: Children enrolled for the school year (August-May) will be required to pay full tuition from the first day of the program regardless of actual start date.
(other than the start of the regular School Year or Summer Session)
During the course of the School Year, we traditionally experience some unplanned attrition when families have a change in plans or circumstances. We accept families on the waiting pool at this time based on the acceptance criteria. If your child is not yet born when you apply, or if you seek to enroll before these sessions begin, it is wise to make alternative arrangements or be willing to accept a part-time position until a full-time space becomes available when the new session begins. However, we do encourage you to notify us on your most desired start date and program because attrition can occur throughout the year in the Infant classrooms as parents change plans and consequently create availability.
Changes to Anticipated Start Date
If the anticipated start date for your child should change after you have signed the tuition agreement and paid the perpetual security deposit, please contact the Admissions Director immediately. Should you decide to postpone the start date of your child, please understand the space is forfeited and the deposit is non-refundable.
Thank you for your interest in The Suzuki School!
Timing of Acceptances
The Suzuki School accepts new families primarily at the beginning of the Summer Session and the School Year of each year. The Summer Session starts the Thursday after Memorial Day, and the School Year session begins in alignment with area private and public schools—generally at the beginning of August. The school also accepts new students throughout the year where attrition creates availability.
The school hosts Prospective Parent Tours throughout the year to provide an overview of the Suzuki curriculum, philosophy, and academic programs for families interested in applying for immediate year. Parents interested in pursuing the application process after attending a Prospective Parent Tour may also request a classroom observation. Applications accompanied by a $95 non-refundable processing fee may be submitted throughout the year. Both individual tours and classroom observations may be scheduled by contacting Admissions.
The school operates within a twelve-month calendar and offers a full day option, Monday through Friday throughout the year.
Although we are open from 7 AM until 6 PM, parents may drop and pick up anytime between these hours. We do ask that children arrive at school before 9 AM so that the morning learning block is not interrupted.
Most children are typically picked up between the hours of 4 PM and 5 PM as they participate in learning activities throughout the day with specific times scheduled in the morning and afternoons for learning activities.
The school does not offer a half-day program nor a 9 month program. Rather, our program is designed with a full-day schedule, and as a 12 month program. The Suzuki School staffs the school to operate within a 12-month calendar, and therefore we only offer a twelve-month program for enrollment. The summer months are an important period for the children at Suzuki as they acclimate to new classrooms and/or are actively involved in summer enrichment activities.